XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

2010-05-24 - Sonor Designer Snare Kitpiece Pak

This forum tells you more about what's happening at XLN Audio

2010-05-24 - Sonor Designer Snare Kitpiece Pak

Postby Majken XLN Audio » Mon May 24, 2010 2:54 pm

The snare is the heart of the drum kit. Change the snare and you will change the overall sound of the kit.

The Sonor Designer Series Snare is six inches deep and has a low tuning making it the deepest sounding snare we've recorded to date. The maple wood body gives it a very warm and balanced tone suitable for a wide range of music styles. The snare was manufactured in the US during the nineties and was recorded in the large studio room at Studios 301 in Stockholm.

Sonor Designer Snare Kitpiece Pak is available for purchase in our webshop and costs 10 Euro / 10 USD.

Check out the Sonor Designer Snare Kit Piece Pak
Majken XLN Audio

Postby Dumbolino » Tue May 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Kitpiece paks! What a wonderful idea! I just bought the Sonor designer snare and it is a really great addition to the sound palette. Licensing went smoothly, the whole process was about 10 minutes from install to authorization.
The price is also absolutely ok, I just can recommend every xln fan to buy it!

Cheers :D
Dumbolino

Postby Majken XLN Audio » Tue May 25, 2010 2:58 pm

Glad to hear that you like it! :)

And I'm happy to hear that the installation and authorization was quick and easy. We've been improving the process to make it less time consuming while fixing most of the known pitfalls.
Majken XLN Audio

Postby GeorgeZ » Wed May 26, 2010 12:49 pm

Hellz ye. I was super stoked to see this. Haven't visited the forum in ages... and first day checking it out again... "Sonor snare Kitpiece on sale now". YAY!
Sounds great. I hope this is the first of MANY more. :wink:
GeorgeZ

Postby Majken XLN Audio » Wed May 26, 2010 10:05 pm

Sounds like you've got a great sense of timing! :)
Majken XLN Audio

Postby Phlendo » Thu May 27, 2010 2:39 am

Guys, the snare is great sounding. Very different from what you have available already, and it makes a great addition to the palette.

I just bought it tonight as a wedding anniversary present to myself. My wife would definitely approve. For 10 bucks, you can't go wrong with this purchase!

I think the kit adpacks are definitely the way to go. Please do not abandon this effort- keep the pieces coming!!! Hmmm... how about one a week?

;)

Thanks again XLN: YOU ROCK.
Phlendo

Postby Majken XLN Audio » Thu May 27, 2010 8:28 am

Thanks Phlendo!

Glad to hear that you like it! :)
Majken XLN Audio

Postby EvilDragon » Thu May 27, 2010 10:24 am

Even if it's one a month, it's still great!

I hope for a cymbal pack with more chinas, splashes and spock cymbals (Sabian MaxStax in different sizes)!

Also, it would be cool to expand the current Tama Starclassic with the 2 toms that are missing! What do you guys say about that?

ALSO, when recording kitpieces, why not selling sticks and brushes version at the same time? The price could be a bit higher (would anyone object to 15$?) but a lot more flexibility would be given!
EvilDragon

Postby Majken XLN Audio » Thu May 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks for your suggestions EvilDragon!

I know I saw a request for a sizzling rivet cymbal the other day. That would be really neat and something I'd personally like.

I can't give you any promises on if, when and how often Kitpiece Paks can be released. But I'm loving the enthusiasm! :)
Majken XLN Audio

Postby Phlendo » Thu May 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Majken XLN Audio wrote:Thanks for your suggestions EvilDragon!

I know I saw a request for a sizzling rivet cymbal the other day. That would be really neat and something I'd personally like.

I can't give you any promises on if, when and how often Kitpiece Paks can be released. But I'm loving the enthusiasm! :)

Hi guys- yea the sizzle cymbal was my request. I'd use that all the time. In terms of frequency and price even $25-30 for a combo pack (sticks and brushes) is a bargain considering it's usefulness.

Keep 'em coming.
Phlendo

Postby EvilDragon » Thu May 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Majken XLN Audio wrote:I can't give you any promises on if, when and how often Kitpiece Paks can be released. But I'm loving the enthusiasm! :)

No, we're loving YOUR enthusiasm!
EvilDragon

Postby Jaco815 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:19 am

Phlendo wrote:I think the kit adpacks are definitely the way to go. Please do not abandon this effort- keep the pieces coming!!! Hmmm... how about one a week?

Oh no! I'll be broke if that happens. I would definitely go for it. We need more releases more frequently.
Jaco815

Postby Sparktar » Fri May 28, 2010 8:35 pm

Yes! Seperate Kit Pieces! Awesome! All we need now to remain competitive with the other major players is an update to allow additional instrument slots!
Sparktar

Postby Phlendo » Mon May 31, 2010 2:23 pm

Sparktar wrote:Yes! Seperate Kit Pieces! Awesome! All we need now to remain competitive with the other major players is an update to allow additional instrument slots!

It would also be great if we could place kit pieces wherever we wanted them, like a snare, or cowbell in a tom position, etc..
Phlendo

Postby EvilDragon » Mon May 31, 2010 7:09 pm

Phlendo wrote:It would also be great if we could place kit pieces wherever we wanted them, like a snare, or cowbell in a tom position, etc..

http://www.xlnaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2657
EvilDragon

Next

Return to Announcements & News