XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

DM6 and ADDICTIVE DRUMS. No open/close hihat detection :(

Discuss models, features and anything else related to E-drums

DM6 and ADDICTIVE DRUMS. No open/close hihat detection :(

Postby punkouter » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:58 am

I am using Addictive drums and SONAR 8.5. I goto the map area of AD and set up all the drums. (I use DM10 settings and make a few changes) But it doesnt seem to have any ability to know when the hihat is up or down.. hittin the hihat makes a sond and press the pedal makes a sound though.. I learn the CC number( it is 4).

Yet Session Drummer 3 understand the hihat up and down signal perfectly..

any ideas?
punkouter

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:20 pm

Please try this:

Open the Map Window and look at the Midi Monitor. First hit the hihat when the pedal is down, then hit the hihat when it's up. Does the Midi Monitor show different midi note values between the two? If it does, you should be able to use the [L]-button in the stroketypes list to assign the closed hi-hat and one of the open hi-hats.

If that doesn't work, you could try using CCHihats instead. Check out pages 36-38 in the Addictive Drums manual:

http://www.xlnaudio.com/downloads/manua ... nglish.pdf

(can also be accessed by clicking the [?]-button in the top right corner of the AD user interface)
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby punkouter » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:23 am

thanks that was it..

the sounds where almost exactly the same ..thats why at first I thought it was triggerning the same sound
punkouter

DM10 kit settings

Postby quietb4storm » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:23 am

I downloaded the Addictive drums demo, and it came with a drum map for the DM10. Awesome!
quietb4storm

Re: DM6 and ADDICTIVE DRUMS. No open/close hihat detection :

Postby camba » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:06 pm

How is the Alesis DM6? Is it sensitive enough to truly bring out a drummers dynamics? It's more in my price-range, but I don't know much about it. Does it having chocking? Do the dynamics really show in Addictive Drums?
camba

Return to E-Drums