XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

New user to Addictive Drums, needing assistance

Discuss models, features and anything else related to E-drums

New user to Addictive Drums, needing assistance

Postby sabbath99 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Whatz up, I am new to drum software and im getting a new Dell laptop with Windows 7 premium and using it specifically to play the drum kit sounds from Addictive drums and other softwares on my Roland TD-4 kit. So I have a few questions on getting me up and running smoothly.

1. Ive read that alot of drum softwares (like AD) are 32bit plugins. So what type of operating system should I get 32bit or 64bit???

2. What would be a good host for Addictive Drums?? Ive read alot of good things about Reaper and how easy it is to use but dont know what version to get (32 or 64bit)??? Or if theres a better option??

I know I will need a midi to usb cable or good sound card. Thinking of getting M-Audio Uno cable and ASIO4all driver to start off with. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
sabbath99

Re: New user to Addictive Drums, needing assistance

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:10 pm

sabbath99 wrote:Whatz up, I am new to drum software and im getting a new Dell laptop with Windows 7 premium and using it specifically to play the drum kit sounds from Addictive drums and other softwares on my Roland TD-4 kit. So I have a few questions on getting me up and running smoothly.

1. Ive read that alot of drum softwares (like AD) are 32bit plugins. So what type of operating system should I get 32bit or 64bit???

2. What would be a good host for Addictive Drums?? Ive read alot of good things about Reaper and how easy it is to use but dont know what version to get (32 or 64bit)??? Or if theres a better option??

I know I will need a midi to usb cable or good sound card. Thinking of getting M-Audio Uno cable and ASIO4all driver to start off with. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I suggest that we continue this case by e-mail, since I have already replied there.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Return to E-Drums