XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

What kit is best

Discuss models, features and anything else related to E-drums

What kit is best

Postby Gifton » Wed May 04, 2011 11:47 am

I have been using AD for a while now but as yet have not bought a kit/controller to use with it and would like some advice. I have been looking at the Roland V rums and like the look of the TD9. Any comments or alternitive recommendations would be much appreciated.

TIA
Gifton

Postby logihack » Wed May 04, 2011 6:34 pm

i have had ddrum4, yamaha dtxtreme3, roland td9, drumit five and alesis trigger i/o, for that purpose. Well now i have drumit five...i have jobeky stealth pro drum set and also drumit five pads with cymbals...for me the stock pads are maybe even better, but i will use those just for home practice and recordings...i use jobeky just for live shows...the problem with td9 and jobeky drums, was really hot triggering and hot spots...even with drumit 5, i have set gain to 0...with stock pads i have gain set to 5...
and for the info - jobeky uses almost the same triggering system like roland does...with drumit set i can play e kit, just like acoustic drums...with other e kits it wasn't even close
and for me the most important thing is, that i can play live shows just with module sounds...i use vst just for recordings now

:wink:
logihack

Return to E-Drums