Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

Help with CPU problem

Discuss models, features and anything else related to E-drums

Help with CPU problem

Postby torbs » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:04 am

Hi there

I am new and using AD together with ddrum4 SE, logic 9, a new Macbookpro (4GB Ram , i5 processor) and a M-audio duo interface. Although mostly the system works fine I sometimes get problems with the CPU. Sometimes for no obvious reasons the utilization is fare too high (in the red area) and I get drop outs and crack noises. I can't figure out what the problem is as it doesn't seem to be a particular sound or kit. I have searched the forum and it seems quite a few people have experienced the same but unfortunatels I haven't come across a solution. Any ideas? I am using 64 samples buffer-size already.

Thanks
Thorsten
torbs

Re: Help with CPU problem

Postby Soulfire » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:31 pm

Am experiencing the same issue. Hope that XLN communicates a fix for this issue...
Soulfire

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Are you running Logic in 32-bit or 64-bit? If you're running 64-bit, try switching to 32-bit and see if it helps.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby Soulfire » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:02 am

Hi Tore, am runnning it in 32 Bit logic.
Soulfire

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Soulfire wrote:Hi Tore, am runnning it in 32 Bit logic.

Could you try raising the audio buffer a notch? Also make sure that you're running the latest drivers available for your sound card.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby torbs » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:46 pm

I found out that it doesn't happen, when the laptop has been freshly started. If it has been used for other stuff before starting to work with logic, the problem gets worse. Also, if I change a kit, I get a spike when I hit the first instrument. After the first spike, it seems to work again. It seems to be a software problem imo. It's a brand new laptop and 4 GB should be ok, too. I also have switched to 32 Bit mode. Not better
torbs

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:10 pm

torbs wrote:I found out that it doesn't happen, when the laptop has been freshly started. If it has been used for other stuff before starting to work with logic, the problem gets worse. Also, if I change a kit, I get a spike when I hit the first instrument. After the first spike, it seems to work again. It seems to be a software problem imo. It's a brand new laptop and 4 GB should be ok, too. I also have switched to 32 Bit mode. Not better

If the problem gets worse when you have worked with stuff before running Addictive Drums, then the problem seems unrelated to Addictive Drums. Have you closed down all previous programs before loading Logic? I think you may be better off talking to Apple support about this.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby Soulfire » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:50 pm

Tore XLN Audio wrote:
Soulfire wrote:Hi Tore, am runnning it in 32 Bit logic.

Could you try raising the audio buffer a notch? Also make sure that you're running the latest drivers available for your sound card.

Increasing Audio buffer doesn't work. All drivers are up to date. Please also see the following post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3540&p=17060#p17060
Soulfire

Return to E-Drums