XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

use 2 Dtxplorer on AD? My setup

Discuss models, features and anything else related to E-drums

use 2 Dtxplorer on AD? My setup

Postby sebish » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:25 am

Hi guys, I plan to combine 2 Dtxplorers.
Does this work on AD, via 2 USB cable on a same PC?

Here's my setup plan:

sebish

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:07 am

Sure! As long as you can get your host to recognize both edrum kits and recieve midi information from them at the same time, then there shouldn't be any problems getting them up and running with Addictive Drums.

You will probably need to create your own custom Map Preset, but that should be pretty easy. Check out this video tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zV_gPYJrp0
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby sebish » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:07 am

Thx for the reply, I mannaged to trigger 2 AD instances, with a keyboard emulator.

My question was more is somebody already managed to do that with the same Edrum module?
sebish

Re: use 2 Dtxplorer on AD? My setup

Postby sebish » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:30 am

Ok so for the users that would like to try it, after buying a second dtxplorer, and using a separate midi to usb interface, both interfere each other in AD in cubase; different pads trigger the same sounds....

A chance I bought a DTX 500k, the new module allows you to change the midi note, so I can avoid conflicts.
Its a lot of fun :rock:

Since I have a lot of pads, that would be great to have more instruments slots in 1 instance of AD!
sebish

Re: use 2 Dtxplorer on AD? My setup

Postby sebish » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:03 pm

My bad, I was wrong..

So after double checking it (in cubase), you CAN connect 2 identical drumkits on 1 pc, using separate usb cables.

Cubase recognise 2 different connections, so you can assign 2 Adictive Drums instances without need to change the midi notes.
There's no conflict.
sebish

Return to E-Drums