XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

OMG,ILL PAY TO HAVE SOMEONE HELP ME SETUP AD

Discuss models, features and anything else related to E-drums

OMG,ILL PAY TO HAVE SOMEONE HELP ME SETUP AD

Postby silvernblack » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:12 am

NEW TO THE WHOLE MIDI. IVE TRIED EVERYTHING,I MUST BE MISSING A STEP SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE. NEED TO START FROM SCRATCH! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
silvernblack

Re: OMG,ILL PAY TO HAVE SOMEONE HELP ME SETUP AD

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:37 am

First of all you need to connect your edrum kit to your computer via the MIDI Out port in the drum module. If you have a dedicated sound card with MIDI In then you only need a MIDI cable. Otherwise you will need some kind of MIDI to USB device. I don't have much experience with such devices, but I'm sure that you can get some help in a music gear store.

When you've successfully connected the edrum kit to your computer, you should be able to load up Addictive Drums in your host, choose the Map Preset for your edrum model on the BEATS page and fire away.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby silvernblack » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:35 pm

I HAD A ROLAND TD-4 AND TRIED EVERYTHING! I DO HAVE A USB TO MIDI CABLE. AD IS LOADED AND ALL THAT FUN STUFF. I CAN PLAY THE DRUMS WITH THE MOUSE ALL DAY. FOR SOME REASON ITS NOT RECOGNIZING THE TD-4 I THINK. IM GONNA BUY A NEW MODULE AND SEE IF THAT FIXES IT.
silvernblack

Postby EvilDragon » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:52 pm

It would also help if you would stop using caps lock to get your point across, you know.
EvilDragon

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:45 pm

silvernblack wrote:I HAD A ROLAND TD-4 AND TRIED EVERYTHING! I DO HAVE A USB TO MIDI CABLE. AD IS LOADED AND ALL THAT FUN STUFF. I CAN PLAY THE DRUMS WITH THE MOUSE ALL DAY. FOR SOME REASON ITS NOT RECOGNIZING THE TD-4 I THINK. IM GONNA BUY A NEW MODULE AND SEE IF THAT FIXES IT.

I don't think you need to get a new module. Have you installed the appropriate drivers for the USB/MIDI interface? Have you record enabled the track in Addictive Drums?

It's possible that you need to select your specific USB/MIDI device as MIDI In on the Addictive Drums track in order for it to trigger properly.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby silvernblack » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Got a new moduel coming. I will try the racord enable, I didnt even know you had to do that. I bought it offline so instructions were limited or I lostem or never even gotem. Anyhow, I will try that it comes in. Sounds like a plan!
silvernblack

Postby mdee » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:35 pm

On your Drum Module plug a cable from the Midi Out port into the Midi In port on your Audio Interface. NEXT - Plug a USB cable from your Audio Interface into your Computer --or-- if your Drum Module has USB then you can bypass the Audio Interface altogether. Next, you will need to be sure your computer can communicate with Midi.

What computer and software do you use? If it is a Mac you need to go to your Core Audio settings (icon looks like a keyboard) located in your Utilities Folder. You can go to Apple's website for additional info.
mdee

Postby Collectar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Hey.

I had AD running before with cubase. Now i reinstalled and im using reaper now.

And the whole thing starts again. No sound when Im hitting any part of my roland td 12.

Reaper does open AD and I do have sound when im hitting drumparts in the AD interface.

I set the input for AD to all MIDI channels>all channels
I set up the drum map for td 12.

still no success. Where is the problem?

Someone knows what to do?
Collectar

Postby mojobone » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Did you activate MIDI input for the track in Reaper, and arm the track for recording? You might also look to see if Track Monitor is on or auto.
mojobone

Return to E-Drums