Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

Mac problems

Discuss models, features and anything else related to E-drums

Mac problems

Postby kusangi007 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:45 am

Good evening everyone,

So I just switched over to Mac and I love my new computer. Installed addictive drums on my mac and all my packs and then I ran into a problem. There is a serious latency and sound issue with using addictive drums on mac. When I plug in my cord from my amp to the back of my mac I get a lot of background noise. I just bought this Mac about a week ago. Any help about audio drivers I may need would be greatly appreciate. I am using a Roland TD9. Thank you in advance :).

Specs

Mac OSX 10.6.4
Processor 3.06 Ghz Intel Core i3
Memory 4Gb 1333 MHz DDR3
Love is the movement!
kusangi007

Re: Mac problems

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:07 am

kusangi007 wrote:Good evening everyone,

So I just switched over to Mac and I love my new computer. Installed addictive drums on my mac and all my packs and then I ran into a problem. There is a serious latency and sound issue with using addictive drums on mac. When I plug in my cord from my amp to the back of my mac I get a lot of background noise. I just bought this Mac about a week ago. Any help about audio drivers I may need would be greatly appreciate. I am using a Roland TD9. Thank you in advance :).

Specs

Mac OSX 10.6.4
Processor 3.06 Ghz Intel Core i3
Memory 4Gb 1333 MHz DDR3

Which host are you loading Addictive Drums into? The safest way to ensure low latency is to get a dedicated audio interface for music production, but I think you should be able to get decent results without one as well.

I suggest that you try tweaking the audio buffer settings in your host to reduce the latency problem.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Re: Mac problems

Postby kusangi007 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Good afternoon Tore,

Thank you for the quick respons. I am running Addictive drums through latest version of Reaper for Mac. I fixed the lateny issue and it working great. I still have this humming sound coming through the amp when I connect my aux cord from line in from my amp to the back of my computer.
Love is the movement!
kusangi007

Return to E-Drums