XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

Need help before purchase AD***TD-7 & FD-7 HH Issue

Discuss models, features and anything else related to E-drums

Need help before purchase AD***TD-7 & FD-7 HH Issue

Postby Colin T » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:08 am

Hi my name is Colin and I’m a professional drummer from Ottawa, Ontario Canada. I’m very much interested in purchasing AD, but I’m very concerned about my Roland TD-7 drum brain & FD-7 HH controller. I’ve search and search but came across some pretty discouraging things about the HiHat situation, or should I say, lack of “straight forward” settings.

I came across a post on XLN forum about this issue and well I got the impression that this person had a cracked version of the software. When they were asked about in a professional manner, nothing. Any way I would really like to know if I can get the HH issue worked out. I am somewhat technically ok with midi and how it works, knowing how to work my equipment. I could really use some guidance on this issue.

Right now AD is on sale at a local Drum Shop for a really good price (CAD). Buying a new/used brain, like a TD-8 is not an option for me right now. I really like this product and I think it would be great use for me in my studio. I would be open to offline video conferencing and going over settings until we could work the issue out (I know that's a lot to ask).

I also came across this in the forums (see link below), but all I can say is wow! Thank you for your future help and input. The AD community seems pretty tight, and I like that. Peace ..

Colin :?

Roland TD-6K
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4245&p=17263&hilit=Here+is+the+best+you+can+do#p17263
Colin T

Re: Need help before purchase AD***TD-7 & FD-7 HH Issue

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi Colin,

I suggest that you download the Addictive Drums demo and try it out with your edrum kit before purchasing the full version:

http://www.xlnaudio.com/en/downloads-ad ... drums_demo

The demo has limited kitpieces (only bass drum, snare, hi-hat and crash), but otherwise it has all the functionality of the full version, so you will definitely be able to test your hi-hat thoroughly. My suggestions about CCHihats in the thread you mention are definitely worth trying if you find that the regular way of mapping hi-hats are too limiting.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Re: Need help before purchase AD***TD-7 & FD-7 HH Issue

Postby Colin T » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't sure if the demo version limited mapping capabilities. I'm just going to go ahead and purchase AD at my local shop that has it for a great price. I did some more investigating and the drum brain (TD-7) and foot controller will work. I just have to figure it out. Again thanks for your help. I will definitely be posting my solution for others to benefit from. Peace ....

Colin
Colin T

Return to E-Drums