XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

Why Reaper doesn't find AD

Do you need technical help to get started with the free version, then ask questions here!

Why Reaper doesn't find AD

Postby zxcv » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:18 pm

I just installed Reaper and AD, but now reaper can't find any AD files. Reaper works fine with all the other vst plug-ins i installed, but not with AD. What am i doing wrong? It should work with reaper.

Thanks already.
zxcv

Postby Lars XLN Audio » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:17 pm

Was the "Addictive Drums.dll" installed in your "normal" VST folder, where your other plugins are?

If not, you should be able to add more VST folders in Reaper. VST allows you to have as many folders with plugins as you like, but you need to tell your host (Reaper, Cubase etc) where to look for them.
Lars XLN Audio

Postby zxcv » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:16 pm

I copied the .dll file to my VSTplugins folder and to the normal VST folder and i told Reaper to look for those folders before i asked but it didn't help at all. I.ll try again.
zxcv

Postby Lars XLN Audio » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:20 pm

Please download this free VST host:
www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm

Start it, and then dragdrop the "Addictive Drums.dll" into it. Does it work..?
Lars XLN Audio

No...it doesn't work in your host either...

Postby Just Mike » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:43 am

but I'm a newbie and don't know much about vst hosts. I opened your host and dragged the AD .dll into the main window and nothing happened. Am I stupid?
Just Mike

Postby ROCKER41 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:07 am

I am in the same boat. I followed the advice and installed the free vst host that lar xln audio recommended. I can get addictive drums to open up in that program.

Inside of reaper. I directed reaper to my vst plugin path.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins\Addictive Drums.dll

it still is not showing up in reaper. I have the drums playing in the background of the other program though. But no luck on reaper finding it.
Thanks for any feedbackj
ROCKER41

here ya go

Postby ewilkinson » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:25 pm

put the .dll in reapers vsti folder
ewilkinson

Postby p.evil » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Problem solved!

There is a space in the filename: Addictive Drums.dll
Rename the file without the space eg. Addictivedrums.dll and it will work just fine!
p.evil

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:09 pm

p.evil wrote:Problem solved!

There is a space in the filename: Addictive Drums.dll
Rename the file without the space eg. Addictivedrums.dll and it will work just fine!

Just remember to rename the file back before updating Addictive Drums - otherwise you'll end up with two dll files.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Re: Why Reaper doesn't find AD

Postby ronhoward » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm having the same problems and none of the solutions have helped. When I first load Reaper after I install AD it'll scan for new plugins and show Addictivedrums.dll. But it never shows up in my fx list. I've rescanned, cleared all the plugins and rescanned, made sure all the right paths are entered into Reaper. Still I get nothing. Also, I can't get AD to open up through VSThost. Also, I tried to open it with FL Studio and it doesn't work as well.
ronhoward

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:13 am

ronhoward wrote:I'm having the same problems and none of the solutions have helped. When I first load Reaper after I install AD it'll scan for new plugins and show Addictivedrums.dll. But it never shows up in my fx list. I've rescanned, cleared all the plugins and rescanned, made sure all the right paths are entered into Reaper. Still I get nothing. Also, I can't get AD to open up through VSThost. Also, I tried to open it with FL Studio and it doesn't work as well.

Did you extract the files from the zip before installing the demo? Running the installer from inside the zip file will not give you a valid installation, so please try extracting the files and install the demo again.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby ronhoward » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:09 pm

I did do that. But I got it working by using the x64 beta and it worked. Thanks for the help.
ronhoward

Postby fgpolestar » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Hey everybody - I am facing the same problem and tried already the solutions presented in this thread (renaming without space, verifying that the correct vst-folder is used etc.). I also used the "clear cache/re-scan" function several times in Reaper ...

Yet still, Reaper (v4.151) cannot find AD (v.1.5.2) - any other experiences how to solve the problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!

EDIT: One step further, but not there yet -> In the meantime, it found it (I simply let copy it into the default folder (c:\program files\steinberg\vstplugins) instead of my "real" vst-folder. But then, it cannot load it in Reaper, regardless whether I want to directly load it as a virtual instrument or make a normal track and then try to add it via FX; the answer remains the same: "The following effect plug-in could not be loeaded: Addictive Drums" ... really strange and thank you for help!
fgpolestar

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:52 pm

fgpolestar wrote:Hey everybody - I am facing the same problem and tried already the solutions presented in this thread (renaming without space, verifying that the correct vst-folder is used etc.). I also used the "clear cache/re-scan" function several times in Reaper ...

Yet still, Reaper (v4.151) cannot find AD (v.1.5.2) - any other experiences how to solve the problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!

EDIT: One step further, but not there yet -> In the meantime, it found it (I simply let copy it into the default folder (c:\program files\steinberg\vstplugins) instead of my "real" vst-folder. But then, it cannot load it in Reaper, regardless whether I want to directly load it as a virtual instrument or make a normal track and then try to add it via FX; the answer remains the same: "The following effect plug-in could not be loeaded: Addictive Drums" ... really strange and thank you for help!

If you extracted the files from the zip properly before installing, then it sounds like you did everything right. I suggest that you try downloading the demo again and reinstall it, in case something went wrong during the download.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby kookerinc » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:12 am

I found mine in program files/stienberg/vst plugins..after 1st download..
kookerinc

Return to Support - Addictive Drums (free version)