XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

Steinberg Cubase Essential 5 Addictive Drums Demo problem

Do you need technical help to get started with the free version, then ask questions here!

Steinberg Cubase Essential 5 Addictive Drums Demo problem

Postby lemonking » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:00 am

Hi,
I can't load addictive drums as a VST Instrument in Cubase Essential 5 even if I change the path for dll. I can only load Prologue or HALion One.
lemonking

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:08 am

Could you tell me more about the problem? Does Addictive Drums show up in the VST Instruments list? Any error messages?
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby lemonking » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi, Addictive drums is not shown in the VST list, only Prologue and HALion One.
lemonking

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:16 pm

lemonking wrote:Hi, Addictive drums is not shown in the VST list, only Prologue and HALion One.

It sounds like Cubase is not scanning the right folder for VST Plugins. You can add the folder manually through the Cubase menu Devices -> Plug-in information.

Look for an option called VST2.x Plugin Paths and add the "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins" folder (or wherever the "Addictive Drums.dll" file is located). After that, restart Cubase and try opening Addictive Drums again.

Or maybe you tried that already? If so, could you check if the Addictive Drums.dll file is located in the same folder as the Halion and Prologue dll files?
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby lemonking » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:32 pm

HI,
I'Ve done this already. There are a lot of dlls (Modulation, Codecs, etc.) but no Halion or Prologue dll-file. I searched for them with Windows Explorer (Win7)
lemonking

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:21 am

lemonking wrote:HI,
I'Ve done this already. There are a lot of dlls (Modulation, Codecs, etc.) but no Halion or Prologue dll-file. I searched for them with Windows Explorer (Win7)

I suggest that you delete the Addictive Drums.dll file and try reinstalling the Addictive Drums Demo. Make sure that you extract the files before you install (instead of running the installer exe from inside the zip file).
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Re: Steinberg Cubase Essential 5 Addictive Drums Demo probl

Postby neihmo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 pm

I have the same problem. I can't upload Addictive drums in Cubase essential 5. Can I have any help please?
neihmo

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:41 am

neihmo wrote:I have the same problem. I can't upload Addictive drums in Cubase essential 5. Can I have any help please?

Have you tried my previous suggestions in this thread?
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby Han » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi
I have the same problem and have done all the suggestions that are on this topic. I now have AD demo in my vst2 list but still no joy.
I extracted the files as you said.
Any ideas please gratefully welcomed!
Han
Han

Postby Han » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Just to add, I can't add "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins to my VST2.x Plugin Paths, I don't know where it is.
I do however have AD demo in the VST2.x Plugin Paths list but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Thank you.
Han.
Han

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:35 am

Han wrote:Just to add, I can't add "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins to my VST2.x Plugin Paths, I don't know where it is.
I do however have AD demo in the VST2.x Plugin Paths list but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Thank you.
Han.

I suggest that you try rescanning VST's in Cubase:

Go to the Cubase menu Devices -> Plug-in information, then click the "Update" button. After that, check out this guide to make sure that your loading Addictive Drums correctly:

http://xlnaudio.usa.s3.amazonaws.com/ad ... oad-ad.pdf

Does that work?
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby shubi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:30 am

i have problem getting my addictive drums visually in cubase...everthing working fine but when i click the open device panel nothing shows up it's like addictive drums is working in the background but i could not get the window of it. can sum one help me with this one ?
shubi

Postby reini1357 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:19 am

same problem, the addictivedrums.dll is in the right folder, where all my other vst plugins are. e.g ezdrummer which works correctly. but i can´t load as instrument. i´m running Cubase 6 LE. i think there is something wrong combining cubase with xln. help appreciated. i´m running your demo.
reini1357

Postby reini1357 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:05 pm

i solved it. even if the right folder is currently selected. select the vst folder again and actualize it. then its there.... SOLVED
reini1357

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:18 pm

shubi wrote:i have problem getting my addictive drums visually in cubase...everthing working fine but when i click the open device panel nothing shows up it's like addictive drums is working in the background but i could not get the window of it. can sum one help me with this one ?

Have you been able to load Addictive Drums according to this guide?

http://xlnaudio.usa.s3.amazonaws.com/ad ... oad-ad.pdf

Then you may need to click the button in this image to bring up the Addictive Drums user interface:

Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Next

Return to Support - Addictive Drums (free version)