XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

AD Demo not working in Magix Samplitude 11

Do you need technical help to get started with the free version, then ask questions here!

AD Demo not working in Magix Samplitude 11

Postby ustenor » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:57 am

AD Demo does not show up in the new instruments window. The dll is in the VSTplugins folder but will not show up. ANYONE???
ustenor

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:08 pm

I haven't tried Samplitude myself (it's not officially supported by us), but my guess is that you need to change a setting in Samplitude so that it scans the VSTplugins folder for VST plugins (not all programs look in that folder by default).
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby gtrmann » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:47 pm

You need to put AD in The VST folder for it to appear as a VST instrument
gtrmann

Postby UppyDan » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:50 am

I'm running Magix Music Studio 15 (very much like Samplitude) and ran into this problem with the full version of Addictive Drums. It turns out Magix uses a VstPlugin.ini file, found in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MAGIX\SamplitudeMusicStudio15. (Your path may vary depending on where you installed Magix.)

In VstPlugin.ini, I found the entry for "Addictive Drums" and changed it to the following. (Make sure Magix is NOT running at the time.)

"C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\Addictive Drums.dll",1,"Addictive Drums","",FFFFFFFF

Your plugin path may vary, but it's the part at the end that's important. After closing VstPlugin.ini and starting Magix, Addictive Drums showed up in the VSTi menu!

Note: I'm not sure why this change helps. I stumbled across it by examining files on another computer where AD was working properly. Hope it helps you too!
UppyDan

Return to Support - Addictive Drums (free version)