XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

Addictive drums 'unsupported' in Adobe audition 3

Do you need technical help to get started with the free version, then ask questions here!

Addictive drums 'unsupported' in Adobe audition 3

Postby Spicer101 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:10 am

Please help, when i scan for vsti plugins it comes up but says thats its unsupported. Also is there any other hosts i can use for windows other than adobe? thanks

Iv done everything that was said here -

''First you need to find the AddictiveDrums.dll file on your computer. Copy it. Go to my comuter - program files, and find where you installed Adobe Audition. In that folder you should find a folder that says plug-ins. Inside that file go to VSTi and paste the .dll file from Addictive Drums in the VSTi folder in Audition.

Open Adobe Audition in multitrack mode. At the top of the page go to Insert and insert a midi TRACK. It's important to select the "L" on the midi track now - if you want to hear the drums or play the beats in AD. Click on Sequencer in the in the midi track. Click where it says VSTi <none>. Scroll down to VSTi Plug-In Manager. Select Scan. AD should automatically be found if you put the .dll file in Adobe Audition. Click OK.

Go back to VSTi <none> and select Addictive Drums. Click on Settings. There you are!!! Press the play button. Click on startup at the top of the page and scroll down to AD and you have a bunch of presets there. If you can't hear the drums you didn't select "L" in the midi track explained above.
Spicer101

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:31 am

Hi,

Did you unzip the files from the installer zip before you ran the installer? Running the installer from within the zip file will not give you a proper installation. Please try right-clicking the installer zip file and selecting "Extract All" and then run the installer.

Here's a list of supported hosts:

http://www.xlnaudio.com/?page=products& ... age=sysreq
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby Spicer101 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, but yer iv done that and it still doesnt work. Whats a good host you know for windows thats cheap? Cheers.
Spicer101

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Spicer101 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, but yer iv done that and it still doesnt work. Whats a good host you know for windows thats cheap? Cheers.

I'm a Logic (and mac) guy myself, but you might want to check out a light version of Cubase, Sonar or Ableton Live. Cubase seems to be the most popular one of those three.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Return to Support - Addictive Drums (free version)