XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

Latency problems

Do you need technical help to get started with the free version, then ask questions here!

Latency problems

Postby tapageur » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:58 pm

I am trying to set up my TD-12 with AD hosted by VSThost, through an M-audio Midisport Uno interface and I get terrible latency... I mean the sound is laterally a half beat late!! I have checked my computer's capabilities with a latency checker and all is well! Do I need to tweak somthing for this to work or is the interface not a good one for this use?

I need to be able to use this setup in a live format.

Thanks for your help!
tapageur

Re: Latency problems

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:52 pm

tapageur wrote:I am trying to set up my TD-12 with AD hosted by VSThost, through an M-audio Midisport Uno interface and I get terrible latency... I mean the sound is laterally a half beat late!! I have checked my computer's capabilities with a latency checker and all is well! Do I need to tweak somthing for this to work or is the interface not a good one for this use?

I need to be able to use this setup in a live format.

Thanks for your help!

If you have a dedicated sound card for music production, please make sure that you have the latest ASIO drivers installed (and running in VSTHost). If you don't, I suggest that you try ASIO4ALL drivers:
http://www.asio4all.com
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby tapageur » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:33 pm

Thanks for the link! I installed the driver, but within VSTHost, the ASIO options are greyed out, so I can't select them. Is there something else I must do to get it running?

Thanks,
tapageur

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:18 pm

tapageur wrote:Thanks for the link! I installed the driver, but within VSTHost, the ASIO options are greyed out, so I can't select them. Is there something else I must do to get it running?

Thanks,

Sorry, but I don't have enough experience with VSTHost to be able to help you with that, I'm afraid. Perhaps someone else here can help you?
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Return to Support - Addictive Drums (free version)