XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

AD demo in Cubase 5 [SOLVED]

Do you need technical help to get started with the free version, then ask questions here!

AD demo in Cubase 5 [SOLVED]

Postby gotmilo » Mon May 30, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi, I've installed demo and had followed instructions in forums to try find AD in Plugin Information and to locate VST Plugin location with the installed dll. So far, after more than 5 trys and even reinstalling Cubase, I still can't see AD in the VST instruments list.... The strange thing is, i can see it with my Novation Remote SL midi controller Plugin Manager but i couldn't find it in Cubase.....HELP!!!!! :?
Last edited by gotmilo on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
gotmilo

Postby The J » Mon May 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Are you sure you have Addictive Drums.dll in your default cubase's VST directory?
The J

Postby gotmilo » Mon May 30, 2011 3:36 pm

Yes. Triple checked. I only use Cubase 5 and it only has one folder called VST Plugin. I found the Addictive Drums.dll but cubase is just not detecting it. I have installed other plugins and they were fine, not sure why AD is acting this way...
gotmilo

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Tue May 31, 2011 9:55 am

When you installed the Addictive Drums demo, did you extract the files from the zip file first? Running the installer from within the zip file has been known to cause problems like this, so please try extracting the files and then run the installer again.

If you've done that and it's still not working, I suggest that you try rescanning VST's in Cubase:

Go to the Cubase menu Devices -> Plug-in information, then click the "Update" button. Does that work? Is Addictive Drums in the Plug-in information list?
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby gotmilo » Tue May 31, 2011 11:17 am

Done all that. Still the same.
gotmilo

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Tue May 31, 2011 12:54 pm

gotmilo wrote:Done all that. Still the same.

Is Addictive Drums in the plug-in list or not?

Also, Cubase (unfortunately) doesn't always scan the VstPlugins folder by default - even though it's in the Steinberg folder. Have you checked this?

If Cubase is not scanning that folder, you can add it manually through the Cubase menu Devices -> Plug-in information.

Look for an option called VST2.x Plugin Paths and add the "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins" folder (or wherever the "Addictive Drums.dll" file is located). After that, restart Cubase and try opening Addictive Drums again.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby gotmilo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:44 am

Hi, yes I've done all that but cubase just cannot find the path even after i clicked the Üpdate Plugins information"and also the üpdate"buttons plus restarting cubase. Anyways, I'll try out the full version and update again on progress...I have a feeling my novation Remote SL midi controller driver/ software is conflicting with AD. I'll try removing novation to see if it works.
gotmilo

SOLVED

Postby gotmilo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:55 am

Solved.
Full Version= Rock on!!!!
Demo= SUCKS!!!!

Thanks Tore XLN Audio!
gotmilo

Re:

Postby ileogra » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:14 pm

gotmilo wrote:Hi, yes I've done all that but cubase just cannot find the path even after i clicked the Üpdate Plugins information"and also the üpdate"buttons plus restarting cubase.

Not solved for me. I have this problem so far and am helpless :(
ileogra

Re: Re:

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:50 pm

ileogra wrote:
gotmilo wrote:Hi, yes I've done all that but cubase just cannot find the path even after i clicked the Üpdate Plugins information"and also the üpdate"buttons plus restarting cubase.

Not solved for me. I have this problem so far and am helpless :(

The most common issue when Addictive Drums doesn't show up in the host is that the host hasn't found the plug-in file "Addictive Drums.dll". You may need to change the settings in your host so that it is scanning the correct path for the plug-in file.

First of all, run the Online Installer and hit the [Advanced] button. That page will tell you where the 32-bit and 64-bit Addictive Drums plug-in DLLs are installed. If you're running your host in 32-bit mode, then you want to use the 32-bit plug-in file and vice versa.

The next step is to check the preferences in your host. The option is usually named "Paths", "VST paths" or "Plug-in paths". In those preferences, add the path to the correct plug-in and then hit the Rescan button. After that, you should be able to load Addictive Drums like any other virtual instrument.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Re: AD demo in Cubase 5 [SOLVED]

Postby drumbeat408 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:24 am

That last bit about finding the .dll in Steinberg VST file worked fine for me. Follow the instructions and it will show up.
drumbeat408

Return to Support - Addictive Drums (free version)