XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

AD and Cubase 5 AI problem [solved]

Do you need technical help to get started with the free version, then ask questions here!

AD and Cubase 5 AI problem [solved]

Postby kliko » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:11 pm

I extracted the zip file to a folder and installed the demo from that folder . I can't load it in my VST rack as it isn't listed in the VST list. I added the folder to the list were the AD.dll is and let Cubase scan it again. I even tried to move it to other folders. No luck so far.

What more can I try to do? I tried the same things to solve this problems as in this thread: http://www.xlnaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3793

I am using Cubase 5 AI (32bit?) and Win7 Home (64bit). Are those bits the problem?
kliko

Re: AD and Cubase 5 AI problem

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:34 pm

kliko wrote:I extracted the zip file to a folder and installed the demo from that folder . I can't load it in my VST rack as it isn't listed in the VST list. I added the folder to the list were the AD.dll is and let Cubase scan it again. I even tried to move it to other folders. No luck so far.

What more can I try to do? I tried the same things to solve this problems as in this thread: http://www.xlnaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3793

I am using Cubase 5 AI (32bit?) and Win7 Home (64bit). Are those bits the problem?

I suggest that you uninstall the Addictive Drums demo, then re-download and re-install it, just in case something went wrong during those parts the last time.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby kliko » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:18 pm

I tried what you asked me to do. However no luck, still the same problem.

Are there any known issues with the Yamaha USB driver for the Yamaha XS and MOX? That's the only non-Cubase AI VSTi (editor) I have installed.

I use a MSI laptop (i3 processor ) with Win7. Dedicated for some midi sequencing with Cubase 5 AI with just a few standard VSTi.
Last edited by kliko on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kliko

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:29 pm

kliko wrote:I tried what you asked me to do. However no luck, still the same problem.

Are there any known issues with the Yamaha USB driver for the Yamaha XS and MOX? That's the only non-Cubase AI VSTi (editor) I have installed.

I use a MSI laptop (i3 processor ) with Win7. Dedicated for some midi sequencing with Cubase 5 AI with just a few standard VSTi. Nothing special else installed. Should I give up trying AD?

Which program did you use to unzip the installer? If you used a third-party software, I suggest that you try the built-in utility in Windows: right-click -> Extract All...

Make sure that you're running Cubase as an Administrator as well. Right-click on the Cubase icon and choose "Run as administrator". If that doesn't do the trick, it would be interesting to see if it's possible to load Addictive Drums in another host. Then we'll be able to isolate the problem.

Download this free host:
www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm

Start it, and then dragdrop the "Addictive Drums.dll" into it. Does it work..?
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby kliko » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:00 pm

Running Cubase as administrator (with right-click) did the trick!

Thank you for helping me! :)
kliko

Postby danidrums » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:14 am

I have the same problem and I did everything ...

Is there another place where I can download the trial version ?

Thanks

Daniel
danidrums

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:45 am

danidrums wrote:I have the same problem and I did everything ...

Is there another place where I can download the trial version ?

Thanks

Daniel

So you have downloaded the demo, extracted the files, installed it and it won't show up in Cubase?

It sounds like Cubase is not scanning the right folder for VST Plugins. You can add the folder manually through the Cubase menu Devices -> Plug-in information.

Look for an option called VST2.x Plugin Paths and add the "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins" folder (or wherever the "Addictive Drums.dll" file is located). After that, restart Cubase and try opening Addictive Drums again.

If that doesn't do the trick, I suggest that you try rescanning VST's in Cubase:

Go to the Cubase menu Devices -> Plug-in information, then click the "Update" button. Does that work? Is Addictive Drums in the Plug-in information list?
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby danidrums » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:38 pm

now it works , thank you very much for helping me

Daniel
danidrums

Return to Support - Addictive Drums (free version)