XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

Can't install demo

Do you need technical help to get started with the free version, then ask questions here!

Can't install demo

Postby NoiseShape » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:32 am

Hey guys,

I just downloaded the AD Demo from your website via Google Chrome to try it out.

I tried it in two different ways:
- Put the Addictive Drums.vst in my VST-Folder (doesn't work)
- I tried to install it via Install Addictive Drums 1_5 Demo Mac.app (but it won't open/nothing happens. putting it in my App-Folder doen't work either)

http://s3.imgimg.de/uploads/addemo8de43eb2png.png

Any idea?

I'm using mac (os x) & logic express.

greetings & have a nice weekend!
NoiseShape

Re: Can't install demo

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:39 am

With which browser did you download the installer? And what program did you use to unpack the zip file?

We have had a few similar cases where customers have used a different browser than Safari and/or a different zip utility than Stuff-It Expander (especially Zipeg seems to be causing trouble). I suggest that you try downloading the installer with Safari and use its built-in utility for unzipping. Let me know if you need any further assistance.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Re: Can't install demo

Postby jwd » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:36 pm

HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM HERE - it's installing data for the program but no actual program - I did it three times. Actually the very first time i had to re-download the original zip file twice because it wouldn't even unzip - seems very convoluted to have a zip file inside a zip file... I'm REALLY not impressed with the quality of the software thus far. Using Safari 5.0.5 and the latest snow leopard.... I NEVER have problems like this...
jwd

Return to Support - Addictive Drums (free version)