XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

Thats the last time I install a download

Do you need technical help to get started with the free version, then ask questions here!

Thats the last time I install a download

Postby acoustimax » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Downloaded the Demo - with a view to buying, but I always thoroughly test software these days having bought so much junk in the past.

Installed Demo, no problem, then installed the free kit - result, nothing works, Demo is there, all installed properly but it's Kaputski.

Not a good way to get customers I'm afraid XLN, thank goodness for Acronis TrueImage, at least I can roll back to before the install
acoustimax

Re: Thats the last time I install a download

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:23 am

acoustimax wrote:Downloaded the Demo - with a view to buying, but I always thoroughly test software these days having bought so much junk in the past.

Installed Demo, no problem, then installed the free kit - result, nothing works, Demo is there, all installed properly but it's Kaputski.

Not a good way to get customers I'm afraid XLN, thank goodness for Acronis TrueImage, at least I can roll back to before the install

I'm really sorry about that. Unfortunately the Freepaks don't work with the current version of the demo, but we do have a new version of the demo in the pipeline. As soon as the testing is done we will upload it.

This problem is only with the demo - the Freepaks work fine with the full version. I'll get back in this thread when the new demo is tested and uploaded. Again, I'm sorry for this inconvenience.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby acoustimax » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:53 am

Thanks for the reply - might I make a suggestion, that you make it explicit that this freepak doesn't work with the Demo, or indeed none of the Freepaks do, which I sort of knew already but what distinguished this freepak from the others, is that it is available from the Demo part of your site?

I might add, I have tried other well known drum software and the 'sound' of Addictiv convinces me the most
acoustimax

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:29 am

acoustimax wrote:Thanks for the reply - might I make a suggestion, that you make it explicit that this freepak doesn't work with the Demo, or indeed none of the Freepaks do, which I sort of knew already but what distinguished this freepak from the others, is that it is available from the Demo part of your site?

I might add, I have tried other well known drum software and the 'sound' of Addictiv convinces me the most

We have now uploaded the 1.5.2 version of the demo, so please try downloading and installing it. It should work fine with the Freepaks.

http://www.xlnaudio.com/en/downloads-ad ... drums_demo
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Return to Support - Addictive Drums (free version)