XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

Cannot Download Addictive Drums Demo

Do you need technical help to get started with the free version, then ask questions here!

Cannot Download Addictive Drums Demo

Postby Jammin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:40 am

I'm trying to download the Addictive Drums Demo and receive the following error message.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>30E593C49C32325D</RequestId>
<HostId>5mnnVhUNmQ4YyKNOQ3SzHOmWs5xXWulw8z5eGf7KrpHZVilLfCIEhWpg8E/MwXgh</HostId>
</Error>

I receive the error with both Safari v5.1.2 and Firefox v9.0.1 browsers.
MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo and OS X 10.6.8

Does anyone know how to get the download to work?

Thanks
Jammin

Re: Cannot Download Addictive Drums Demo

Postby Jammin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:43 am

FYI. The USA Download link fails. But, the Europe Download link works fine. I hope this helps fix the problem.
Jammin

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:18 am

Jammin wrote:FYI. The USA Download link fails. But, the Europe Download link works fine. I hope this helps fix the problem.

Thank you very much for reporting this. The USA demo link has now been fixed.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby tbop » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Just got the same problem. I tried reinstalling it but couldn't make it still... Though everything is considered as "up to date" according to the Online Installer and that the dll seems to be installed in the correct folder, once Cubase's started I can't find the plugin instance in the VST Instruments dialog.

Any help would be appreciated... My wrists wanna try the beast! :)

Needless to say that I ran the Online Installer as administrator and that it didn't solve the problem.
tbop

Postby Gustaf XLN Audio » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:49 pm

tbop:

If the Online Installersays everything is up to date it sounds like Cubase is not scanning the right folder for VST Plugins. You can add the folder manually through the Cubase menu Devices -> Plug-in information.

Look for an option called VST2.x Plugin Paths and add the "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins" folder (or wherever the "Addictive Drums.dll" file is located). After that, restart Cubase and try opening Addictive Drums again.

If that doesn't do the trick, I suggest that you try rescanning VST's in Cubase:

Go to the Cubase menu Devices -> Plug-in information, then click the "Update" button. Does that work? Is Addictive Drums in the Plug-in information list?

If this does not solve anything, please contact our support department at www.xlnaudio.com/support
Gustaf XLN Audio

Postby tbop » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi, I think I've mentioned that already but I obviously added the dll's path to Cubase. It wasn't the problem, I finally fixed it yesterday, somehow, though I really had to fight with that for two hours yesterday and I've had to walk off with installing the dll and the content within THE folders I wanted.
I've just sent an email to the Technical Support recently regarding my inability to install the samples on an external HDD without not having the dll undetected once Cubase's launched. So I suggest we should keep on that thread by email :)

Cheers!
tbop

Postby cjheat1 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:41 am

i caint get it to download either it loaded the keyboard fine, ive tried unloading it then reloading, it says its there but its not?
cjheat1

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:20 am

cjheat1 wrote:i caint get it to download either it loaded the keyboard fine, ive tried unloading it then reloading, it says its there but its not?

I'm afraid that there is no standalone version of Addictive Drums available at the moment. You load it into a host software such as Cubase/Logic/ProTools etc.

See complete list of supported hosts at http://www.xlnaudio.com/productline/1#tabs-4
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Return to Support - Addictive Drums (free version)