XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

One-Manned Melodic Death Metal!

Post links to your songs with AD & AK here!

One-Manned Melodic Death Metal!

Postby Caduceata » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:31 pm

Hi there, I'm using AD with custom preset I made, bass and keys are from VSTi, and guitars + vox are recording. Every comment about composing, drum preset or mixing/mastering (or everything) is appreciated :)

http://soundcloud.com/caduceata/mundane-hound
Caduceata

Postby The J » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Unlistenable.
The J

Postby EvilDragon » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:57 am

The J wrote:Unlistenable.

Wow.
EvilDragon

Postby Caduceata » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:21 pm

The J wrote:Unlistenable.

If you can do a comment with just one harsh word, I bet you can explain that. What points did you don't like exactly?
Caduceata

Postby canky » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:30 am

song is good and good mixing too

Bulut güzel olmuş yüregine saglık.
canky

Postby Caduceata » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Thanks dude, I appreciate that.

Sagolasın dostum, tesekkür ederim :)
Caduceata

Postby hagakure1964 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:43 am

Hey I thought it sounded really good. Good riffs, I liked the drums and thought it was a perfectly viable pig squeal / death growl vocal.

If I can critique a bit for what my opinion is worth, it felt like the vocals may have sat just a hair "on top" of the mix. I know there are 40,000 sub-genres of metal and I don't even know which genres encompass I mostly listen to (Meshuggah, Mastodon, Amon Amarth, Necrophagist, Atreyu, Today Is the Day, Ion Dissonance, Children of Bodom to name a few of them if that helps) but it seems like in most professionally released metal I've heard, the vocals are back a little, "surrounded" by the guitars, and yours just came across as ever-so-slightly in front. I could hear all the elements of your mix really cleanly, which is a goal of course (and one I often fail at), but again a lot of the metal/xxx-core stuff I listen to seems a bit more "wall of sound" and I almost had the impression your tracks were just slightly too well-defined and distinct... like too "dry" if that makes sense. But if that was your conscious intent or fits with this specific genre than so be it, not wrong per se, just my impression of it and that only with one listen which hardly counts. Good track, though. Rock on. \m/(-_-)
hagakure1964

Postby Caduceata » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:06 am

Hey there, thanks for the comment dude! It means a lot to me.

You're right about the "lightweight" vocals, I realized that after a certain time. I think dryness of the mix caused by mastering. I didn't really hard-worked about the mastering, because I'm new about these stuff. So I mastered it again as I learn about something more "advanced", maybe I'll post it here if I find some free time.

By the way, I dunno about the sub-genre thing too. Of course I know there is bunch of sub-genres, and trust me I listened every single sub-genre of metal, but I don't know what exactly my stuff sounds like. Or can't decide it, in other words. Basically I love "melodies", and "death" elements, so I call it melodic death :D Anyway, thanks for the input again, I appreciate that!
Caduceata

Return to User Music