XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

More Metal in your face!

Post links to your songs with AD & AK here!

Postby Dejjvid » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:18 pm

That's great, Morten and Majken! Keep it up!
Dejjvid

Postby Dejjvid » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:21 pm

Hmm, maybe I'm a bit off, but I just get a long code when I push the preset button, not the actual file, but the codes for it. If that's right, where do I put the code so I get the preset?
Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, I just replaced another preset with this code, thanks though for the preset, really good!!
Dejjvid

Postby Chaosphere » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:18 pm

That drums sound great Morten ¡¡¡
Could you re upload the preset ?
Chaosphere

Postby Morten » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:12 am

Hi Chaosphere,

you can download the preset "Morten Heavy" in the user area.

Cheers, Morten
Morten

Postby sf6868 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:43 am

Wow great sound
sf6868

Postby timtech » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:41 pm

The preset doesn't sound near as crisp as the recording itself.

Did you have them professionally mastered? I really LOVE the writing and the sound... I think you are probably the best undiscovered talent (for this genre) I have probably ever heard. I am sure we could talk for hours... you should hit me up sometime @ timtech@cfl.rr.com so we can trade ideas, etc...

Keep on writing man, I have been listening to the songs on your page for days straight. :)
timtech

Postby Morten » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:11 am

Hey guys,

thx for the comments!

@timtech: I really wish I had the cash to get my stuff mastered professionally. :cry:
I had a good amount of comp/limiting on the master bus. The additional crispness you hear may be a result of my master EQ (some gentle low mid and high end boost) and the final clipping stage that adds some distortion. (Loudness wars, yay!) If you leave your master bus alone or have some "neutral" loudness plug-in at the end of your chain, you could try to mimic the aforementioned tweaks with AD's comp/EQ/clip settings on the 2bus to approach the drum sound you hear on "Janus".

Cheers, Morten
Morten

Postby timtech » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:52 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Are you currently writing still? What direction are you going towards... as I think your unique style and writing ability could really get you somewhere. Is soundclick the only avenue you are using right now to put your music out there?

If you have a Myspace, I would be much obliged to add you as a friend.
timtech

Postby Morten » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:18 pm

Thank you very much. Yep, I am still writing stuff. In the last time I've been leaning towards movie score composing but I also love to do a lot of song-based work when there's spare time. I do have a myspace account but it's not really under regular (or any!) maintenance and I can't imagine of anything exiting to discover there. If you still want to add me, I do feel humbled and recommend you vist myspace.com/mortnrocks.
Morten

Re: More Metal in your face!

Postby bassgiant » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Super huge bump lol!!!!

Does anyone still have this preset from the song Janus?
The drum sound is so awesome!!!
bassgiant

Previous

Return to User Music