XLN Audio
Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

Using AD MIDI Loops With Other Drum Programmes

Discuss and share your tips and tricks with other users!

Using AD MIDI Loops With Other Drum Programmes

Postby scottdb » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:44 am

Hi There,

I have a whole bunch of songs recorded using AD, comprisig mainly of the loops that come with AD.

Everytime I play the same MIDI loops through other drum programmes (such as Session Drummer in Sonar Producer) or through Superior Drummer 2.0 the kit pieces don't match up.

So for example thru' AD the closed hat will play as intended, but when I put it through another drum programme it will play a crash cymbal.

Is there a way of getting the excellent sounding loops from AD to play correctly in other drum programmes without remapping (as I don't have a clue how to do this in Sonar).

Maybe someone has a drum map for Sonar Producer which will automatically convert AD key strokes to correspond with Superior Drummer 2.0 or session drummer?

Help warmly received.
Thanks
Scott
scottdb

Postby scottdb » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:21 pm

nobody with any advice?
don't be shy..
cheers
s
scottdb

Postby Majken XLN Audio » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:00 pm

I don't have any experience re-mapping in Sonar. But if you look in the downloads section you'll find a Sonar map made by Markleford. Perhaps it can help you figure out how the remapping works. Looking at the keymap that can be found in the ?-menu in Addictive Drums will also likely help.

http://www.xlnaudio.com/?page=downloads
Majken XLN Audio

Postby scottdb » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:12 pm

HI Majken,

Infortunately it doesn't appear to be that straightforward.

AD seems to use it's own key map, so by using say a closed hi hat pattern generated by AD, played through Superior Drummer I get a crash pattern instead.

When I try and change the notes in Superior Drummer it seems to cause all kinds of problems as each piece of kit in that instrument seems to have 3 or 4 key notes associated with it.

I'll have a long hard think but it seems to be a very time consuming exercise....

Thanks
scottdb

Return to Production Styles and Mixing