- Click on Live in the main menu and select Preferences
- Select the File Folder tab and make sure Audio Units are enabled, click to Rescan if the Audio Unit list is not automatically updated. If you are using the VST-version, make sure that the VST path is set to your VST folder, and that you have enabled VST2.
- Close the Preferences window, your XLN Audio plug-ins will now be available in the plug-ins list in the top left.
- Double click or drag the desired plug-in into Ableton Live.
Watch the video below for a visual guide:
- Open up the XLN Audio Online Installer and click on the Advanced button in the top section.
- Go to the VST64 tab
- Make note of the plug-in installation path
- Launch Ableton Live, click on the Options menu and select Preferences.
- Go to the Plugins tab
- Enable the Use VST2 Plugin Custom Folder option
- Click Browse next to "VST2 Plugin Custom Folder"
- Navigate to the path from step 3 and click OK
XO will now be available in the plug-ins list in Ableton Live. Double-click on XO to load it on a new midi track.
Here's a visual guide: