My product is suddenly not authorized - "Wrong Computer ID" or "Instrument in trial mode"
If a product suddenly goes to trial mode, it means that something in your computer triggered a change in the Computer ID (perhaps a software or hardware update). This in turn deauthorizes your product. This is easy to fix:
- Login to your user account
- Go to the My Account section and select Computers from the left side menu
- Remove your current computer
- Run the XLN Online Installer and re-register your computer
- Now the software should be properly authorized.
If it's still not working (and you're on a Windows computer) then it is possible that you are running your DAW in compatibility mode, which interferes with the authorization. Right-click on the DAW icon > Properties > Compatibility tab. Then deactivate Compatibility mode if activated and try again. Do the same for the Online Installer.
Here's a video that describes the process: