Follow us on
Create Account

XLN Audio - Forum

Using AD in live situation

Discuss models, features and anything else related to E-drums

Using AD in live situation

Postby Reilley » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:13 am

Long time listener, first time poster.

I just acquired a Yamaha DTXtreme III Special Set and updated the module to the DTX900 firmware. I have it connected to a MacBook Pro i7 via USB cable and running the AD demo package to evaluate for live use. Now comes the dumb questions since I am new to both e-drums and to AD:

With the above setup, I can play the e-kit and hear the AD sounds as long as my headphones are connected to the MacBook Pro. Is there any way to send the sounds back to the DTX module? What would be the BEST way to set up this kit to use AD in a live performance situation? I like the Yamaha sounds a lot for sure, but the AD sounds are spectacular and I want to use them 90% of the time or more.

Can you suggest the best configuration for the audio output, i.e., do I run audio from the MacBook Pro to the amp/mixer or can I send sounds back to the DTX module (and if so, how?).

Thanks in advance for your comments!
Reilley

Re: Using AD in live situation

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:11 am

You will not be able to send the audio back to the drum module, so you will need to route it from the audio output on your computer. Either you plug the cable directly into the headphone jack, or you get an audio interface and route the outputs from that.
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Postby Reilley » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:18 pm

OK, that's what I thought but I wanted to be sure. Thanks a million for that info - I really appreciate it!
Reilley

Postby Gandhalf » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:24 pm

OK, i know it's a old question and my answer will maybe not help, but...

It's possible with a TD15 connected in USB.
The TD15 is view as a sound card.
So you can route the output to the drum mpdule.
I had made a kit that is all set to "off" in the Brain, so if i need the sounds of AD in one specific tune, i use it... I can also make all possible combination of sounds with AD and TD15.

Work just great :-)
Gandhalf

Postby Tore XLN Audio » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:34 pm

That's cool! Thanks for sharing the info :)
Tore XLN Audio
Site Admin

Return to E-Drums