Supported Platforms and Formats
Our plugins are available as:
- VST (Windows & OS X, 32 & 64 bit)
- AU (OS X, 32 & 64 bit)
- RTAS (Windows & OS X, 32 bit) (Pro Tools 9/10)
- AAX (Windows & OS X, 64 bit) (Pro Tools 11)
- Addictive Drums & Addictive Keys can be run as a standalone application (Windows & OS X)
We officially support the following operating systems:
- PC: Windows 7 (32/64 bit), Windows 8 (32/64 bit)
- Mac: OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 (all 32/64 bit)
These older operating systems seem to be working fine too, but they are not officially supported anymore:
- PC: Windows XP (32 bit), Windows Vista (32/64 bit)
- Mac: OS X 10.5
CPU & RAM
2 GB RAM required. 4 GB or more recommended.
Mac: Intel CPU required.
An internet connection on your music computer is required to install and authorize the products. After installation, an internet connection is not required to use the products.
We recommend staying online: The MyCloud service in Addictive Keys stores your presets and memos in your online account, and syncs them across your computers.
We officially currently support the following hosts (meaning we continually test and make sure our software works):
- Cubase 5, 6, 7
- Pro Tools 9, 10, 11
- Live 8, 9
- Logic Pro 8, 9, X
- Sonar X2, X3
... but our plugins usually work just fine in any host that follows the VST/AU/RTAS standard, such as:
- Pro Tools 8
- Earlier versions of Cubase, Sonar and Live
- Studio One
- GarageBand (N.B. GarageBand 10.0.0 is not currently supported)
- FL Studio
- Digital Performer (v7 or later) (RTAS+Avid hardware not supported)
NOTE: You can download demo/free versions of both Addictive Drums and Addictive Keys to make sure everything works as expected!
KNOWN ISSUES - ADDICTIVE DRUMS
- Ableton Live 8 in OSX 10.8: No automation available (we think this is a Live/OSX issue, it works in other versions of OSX)
- Mac 64 bit: when AD is on secondary screen, some dialogs may appear on primary screen, if the screens are of different resolution (likely an OS X issue)
KNOWN ISSUES - ADDICTIVE KEYS
- Ableton Live on Mac: Does not support loading both VST and AU version in the same project.